Northfields is currently recruiting a married couple to act as a Housemaster & Housemistress for its Boarding house.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the 28-student boarding house.
- Strategic leadership and development of the boarding house and promote a high level of achievement in all areas of the students boarding life.
- Participate in the admission and selection of boarders to the School.
- Establish and maintain a routine for the boarding School.
- To ensure appropriate study environment and coordinating academic support after school where needed.
- Report to the Head of School on all pastoral issues and disciplinary issues.
- Maintain all appropriate registration/attendance/absence records.
- Organise and participate in activities, trips, social events and Activities Weekends.
- Update parents and guardians on a half-termly basis.
- Annual review and update of the boarding house Handbooks.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff, deploy, train and develop all boarding staff
- Ensure that boarding students medical matters are appropriately dealt with.
- Work with the Facilities Department for Maintenance of the Boarding House.
- Management of the Boarding Budgets and the monitoring of monthly accounts.
The successful candidate should possess the below attributes:
- A degree or any relevant qualifications pertaining to the above position.
- Both parties, First aid Qualification essential but may be attained in situ.
- Be passionate about and dedicated to educating students at the boarding house.
- A willingness to work hard with high energy and enthusiasm
- Suitable experience in having dealt with children in groups
- A paternal nature – preferably having raised their own children
- Excellent ICT skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Outstanding organisational and administrative skills
The school is offering an interesting remunerations package, which includes a competitive salary, fully furnished accommodation (including all utilities), and all meals during term time, Health care benefit and Private pension.