Northfields is currently recruiting a couple to act as a Housemaster & Housemistress for its Boarding house. The boarding community will consist of around 28 boarders both local and international.
The Housemaster will be responsible to look after 14 boys. You will work closely with the Headmaster and the boarding staff to enable the boys in your care to participate in the full range of the school’s activities and to provide them with appropriate pastoral support; making a significant contribution to their welfare and development. The Boarding House will provide a sense of community, whilst encouraging boys to develop individual talents, interests, and creating an environment where each individual is equally valued.
The Housemaster may have a teaching commitment or make some other significant contribution to Northfields in addition to their pastoral role.
- The physical and social welfare of the boys in your care and responsible for being aware of each boy’s academic progress and developing maturity.
- Creating an environment in which each individual, adult or boys, is equally valued and in which each individual has an opportunity to contribute and achieve her potential.
- Establishing systems and routine, which ensure the smooth and consistent running of the Boarding House.
- The line management of the boarding house.
- Record Keeping and the financial management of the House Accounts.
- Achieving and sharing best practice in Boarding; working collaboratively with other colleagues in the respect. Mentoring less experience colleagues.
- Report writing for the boys in the house, in accordance with the published schedule.
- Contributing to the wellbeing and enrichment programmes within the school.
- Organising and supervising a range of suitable evening and weekends activities, including organising and supporting the Boarding House at all competitive house events.
- Undertaking project work as allocated and participating in working parties as the Housemaster representative when required.
- Involvement in the promotion of Northfields and recruitment of new boys through contact with current and prospective parents, open days etc.
- Ensuring regulatory, safeguarding and compliance at all times in respect of the relevant requirements of health and safety regulations.
The housemaster is responsible to her academic Head of Faculty/ Department for all aspects of any teaching commitment and is expected to attend staff, departmental and parents’ meetings as well as INSET training as applicable.
The successful candidate should possess the job specification as outlined below:
- A degree or any relevant qualifications pertaining to the nature of the job
- First aid Qualification essential but can be attained in situ
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of line managing a team
- Proven ability in organising and scheduling events, activities and resources
- Adept in setting up and monitoring timescale and plans
- Able to influence, convince or impress others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviours change
- Able to speak and write clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individual and groups
- Able to demonstrate a broad based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications
- Excellent ICT skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to relate to people on all levels with Emotional intelligence
- Outstanding organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to handle unforeseen circumstances
- Self – reliant and determined. Comfortable to take command of situations, make and act upon decision and display resilience in challenging situations
- Courteous and straightforward in their dealings, maintaining standards with clear boundaries and a light touch
- Proven ability to interact with others in a sensitive and effective way
- Able to respect and works well with others
- Able to work independently or as part of a team for the benefits of Northfields International High School as a whole
- Able to demonstrate a readiness to make decision, take initiative and originate action
- Competitive salary
- Fully furnished accommodation (including all utilities)
- All meals included
- Health care benefit
- Private pension
Northfields reserves the right to make an appointment anytime should a suitable candidate come forward.